[SATLUG] ATI/Trident drivers ok?

Richard Suberg rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 8 23:35:27 CDT 2009

Since I still haven't had any luck getting the nvidia drivers to work for
the card I had, (riva tnt2 m64) (not from lack of support from you guys, I
guess it is just my luck) I was wondering what kind of support y'all have
seen from ATI and Trident. Specifically, an ATI Radeon 9250, 3D Rage Pro, or
Trident Blade 3D 9880.  I know I could check the compatibility lists to see
if they are supported, but that doesn't say if a select group has had
experience/problems with getting those set up.

Also, is there a non-brand-specific driver that could be used to support
more than 800x600 even if it doesn't run whatever card you have to the best
of its ability?

Thanks,

Richard

http://www.kevinspitcrew.com