[SATLUG] Meeting, Computer Show, Shirts & ideas for presentations

benjaminez at gmail.com benjaminez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:34:18 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:34:26PM -0500, Jim Wells, President writ thus:
> Fourthly?  Would there be an interest in having a meeting where
> several people brought their favorite "special purpose"
> distributions?  I don't have anything specific in mind but thought
> that it might be interesting to see some of these & find out how
> they are being used.  Are there any other suggestions?

I'd love to see this happen.  There are so many sweet special-purpose
distros out there; it would be pretty cool to see them all in action.
I'd really appreciate it if somebody wanted to demo micro-Linux
distributions (i.e., stuff I can run off a flash drive).

Truth be told, I've rather been wanting to build my own
micro-distribution for a while now--I'd love to be able to rapidly
boot into a USB stick environment with an editor, Mutt, and LaTeX.
Does anybody know of a good howto?  Even better, would anybody like to
give a presentation on building a micro-distribution?

Benjamin