[SATLUG] Atheros wifi driver installation

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Mar 12 19:22:37 CDT 2009

> the new 5155 has an Atheros wifi card, and I'm lost again...
>I've loaded Ubuntu 8.04LTS (fresh load), and the system
>says its using the Atheros restricted driver(s), but I'm not
>even seeing a wifi light, much less connecting to anything.
>Wired networking/internet runs just fine and everything else
>runs cherry.  Any suggestions?

Could be something simple, Atheros is a good chipset, but you
need to provide more info (sort of like saying I have a European
car, not specific). Do a CL < lspci -n  > and ID the chipset for
us.

Also, what network manager are you using?  I'm not a Unbutu
user, but there several on list, and with full info can and
will help.  Am sure you've checked all simple things, like
Network preference settings, ID'ing your wifi card (wlan0)?
Good luck,   Lou