[SATLUG] Atheros wifi driver installation

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Mar 12 23:12:50 CDT 2009

>I'm showing that the drivers are engaged and in use in the reserved
>hardware section, but no network tool shows a wifi card of any kind
>- not even iwconfig.  Ubuntu web site says the ath5k driver may be
>blacklisted somewhere in the system.  That's my next hunt, unless
>someone has a better idea...
Since you originally said the wifi indicator is not illuminated, then it does
not have the correct driver loaded...< lsmod > will verify this..Without
a correct driver loaded then the Network tool will not see a wifi card,
and iwconfig is futile...Once the correct driver is found and loaded, then
you will be able to configure it.    Lou