[SATLUG] [OT] Itunes + Linux

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Mar 14 14:07:08 CDT 2009

on 3/14/09 11:39 AM, Borries Demeler said:

> My daughter wants to use "Itunes" on the web to download songs to her
> Samsung T1O mp3 player. We have linux computers at home, and I found a Linux app called
> "Gnomad Ipod" that does a reasonable job in synching the T10 to whatever I have on
> disk. Here is my question: Once I have an account on Itunes, I am presumably
> able to download songs from the web for a small fee, right?

Nope.  Your only interface is the iTunes program, which is only
available on Mac OS X and Windows.  No other OSes supported.  You can
pay to download AAC or ALAC encoded audio files that have been
fingerprinted with your e-mail address and account information (in case
you decide to share them with anyone).

And you're going to have a tougher time sync'ing that to your iPod if
you're not using the real-deal iTunes program.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out