[SATLUG] For the bleeding edge....

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:33:05 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Richard Suberg <rsuberg at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> For those that live on the bleeding edge, how do you easily upgrade from one
> version to another in the same flavor?  Ie ubuntu 8.10 -> 9.04 without
> having to reload the entire system, as in do it within the system itself.
>

> God Bless,
>
> Love
>
> Richard and Dorothy

Richard,

Here is a link that can help you in upgrading.  It's for upgrading to
8.10, but should work no matter what.  Be forewarned.  I would check
out the ubuntu forums for a week or two after a new release comes out
to see if there were any major bugs or problems.  When the 8.10 update
first came out, there were a lot of problems that people were having
with Nvidia drivers, if I remember correctly.

Secondly, I just checked Ubuntu's webiste, and they only have 8.10 and
8.04 listed as downloads.  Has 9.04 become available?

Ed