[SATLUG] [OT] Itunes + Linux

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:58:35 CDT 2009

On Sunday 15 March 2009 18:25:58 Borries Demeler wrote:

> > They all seem to point to your gstreamer plug in.  I would google that or
> > look on your distro's forum because most likely some else is having the
> > exact same problem.  Did you look at this site for answers:
> > http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/    had a similiar problem with Amarok
> > several years ago and found my answer on the Fedora Forum.
> >
> > Bob Waldo
>
> Thanks, I tried it, but I'm still having problems with this - I tried to
> compile banshee from scratch, now I get:
>
> banshee-1
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Unable to open the session message bus. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
> Parameter name: address
>   at NDesk.DBus.Bus.Open (System.String address) [0x00000]
>   at NDesk.DBus.Bus.get_Session () [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
>
>   at NDesk.DBus.Bus.get_Session () [0x00000]
>   at Banshee.ServiceStack.DBusConnection.get_ApplicationInstanceAlreadyRunning () [0x00000]
>   at Booter.Booter.Main () [0x00000]
>

> not sure what to do about this one....?
>
> -Borries

I found this on google.
Try the following:

Re: Cannot start Banshee 1.4.1 Error

by Wouter Bolsterlee Dec 02, 2008; 01:25pm :: Rate this Message:    - Use ratings to moderate (?)

Reply | Reply to Author | Print | View Threaded | Show Only this Message
2008-12-02 klockan 19:39 skrev Juergen:
> But now, since a few days, it's not working anymore.
> If I try to start banshee from the console I get the following error message
>> $ banshee-1
>> Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Unable to open the session message
>> bus. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Do you have a DBus session bus running? What does...

  $ echo $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS

...tell you? If it's empty, try this:

  $ dbus-launch --exit-with-session banshee -1

...and see if that works. If so, it is a DBus-related issue, not a Banshee
issue.

— Wouter

--
:wq