[SATLUG] For the bleeding edge....

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:15:36 CDT 2009

Ed Coates wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Richard Suberg <rsuberg at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> For those that live on the bleeding edge, how do you easily upgrade from one
>> version to another in the same flavor?  Ie ubuntu 8.10 -> 9.04 without
>> having to reload the entire system, as in do it within the system itself.
>>

>> God Bless,
>>
>> Love
>>
>> Richard and Dorothy
>>

> Richard,
>
> Here is a link that can help you in upgrading.  It's for upgrading to
> 8.10, but should work no matter what.  Be forewarned.  I would check
> out the ubuntu forums for a week or two after a new release comes out
> to see if there were any major bugs or problems.  When the 8.10 update
> first came out, there were a lot of problems that people were having
> with Nvidia drivers, if I remember correctly.
>
> Secondly, I just checked Ubuntu's webiste, and they only have 8.10 and
> 8.04 listed as downloads.  Has 9.04 become available?
>
> Ed

I believe Ubuntu 9.04beta, "Jaunty Jackalope" is available for
downloading and testing...  I'm  not ready to go there yet though --
I've just, finally, done my first successful fresh-install of 8.10, and
gotten it tweaked to my needs and comfort levels on my new Acer Aspire
5515 laptop (yeah, this one, with the two sets of Atheros wifi
drivers...).  I'm gonna stick with that for a while before upgrading...

Cheers;
ed