[SATLUG] PCs and Power Supply Needs

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 20 11:32:54 CDT 2009

Looking for some PCs to make available to an orphanage near Piedras Negras that our church wants to help.  They could really use four units so that the childen/young people could build their hardware and software skills during the week after their Saturday computer classes.  The goal is to make them more employable by industries near the border once they leave the orphanage.  I have one Gateway, but it needs at least a working power supply (Part # 6500582) or its equivalent.
I have it in mind to install Ubuntu due to its similarity to the Windows products they're probably using in their training program.  Other suggestions are certainly welcome and any help you can offer will go a long way for these kids.  Thanks.