[SATLUG] Job @ SwRI

Greg Willden gwillden at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:44:30 CDT 2009

Hi All,
I've been a lurker on here for quite a few years now.
I've been at Southwest Research Institute for 10 years this June.
It's a great place to work.
A co-worker of mine told me about some job openings in his department
that may be of interest here.
If you are interested, you need to apply through the website.
I don't have any additional information on the position.
Cheers,
Greg Willden

Here’s the info:

Systems Analyst (Oracle Databases) - Job Code: 26-00829*

Online at: http://www.swri.org/HR/ViewJob.asp?JobID=1890&Type=Exempt

SUMMARY:  Maintain Oracle databases; backup, database recovery,
security controls, performance monitoring and tuning, installation of
upgrades and patches; monitor the performance of the UNIX system that
hosts the Oracle database; troubleshoot problems with Client Server
ERP system, and internally developed web-based applications; develop,
document, debug and maintain web-based applications using tools like
CGI programming using PERL and JavaScript languages; develop
plans/procedures for routine tasks and testing developed applications;
follow ITC standards for project management and software development
and contribute to improve these.

EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:  Requires a BS degree in Information Systems or
Computer Science with 2 years experience with Oracle database
installation, administration, and tuning, preferably on a UNIX
platform and 1 year UNIX knowledge, preferably Solaris: Microsoft SQL
knowledge and 1 year knowledge of VB NET, Java, PERL, PHP. Oracle
database administrator, Oracle SQL, Oracle development tools, Solaris
UNIX operating systems knowledge required; knowledge of Microsoft SQL,
PERL, JavaScript, VB .Net, C, and Java programming languages;
familiarity with the software development life cycle; must have a
working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTML, SMTP protocols; must be a team
player and service oriented.

JOB LOCATION:  San Antonio, TX

--
To know recursion, you must first know recursion.