[SATLUG] visualizing data.

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 18:35:35 CDT 2009

Folks,

while browsing for something fun to do, I ran into an O'Reilly book about visualizing data, after browsing the a few pages I realized it could help me develop a nice tool to review disk utilization data using Processing (www.processing.org).

from their website:

 <quote>
 Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to program images, animation, and interactions. It is used by students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for learning, prototyping, and production
</quote>

Well, they missed System administrators among their users, I wrote a tool to plot the disk utilization data throughout the day for a particular server using it.

I am not 100% familiar with Processing but if interested I could give a quick presentation of the language.

best regards,
enrique.

Support the troops, bring them home.

http://therealnews.com/t/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=2924