[SATLUG] Large Mailbox threshold

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 08:54:27 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Leif Johnson <leif at paisd.net> wrote:

> Can someone tell me if it really matters how much email my boss accumulates
> and refuses to pop down to her workstation? Logwatch has been warning me,
> but the boss likes to pop and save a copy on the server to imap from home. I
> guess my question is: WHAT IF THE THRESHOLD IS EXCEEDED? Will her mailbox
> freeze up at some point. How do I avoid the wrath that would ensure once the
> superintendent's mail box freezes even after repeated suggestions to empty
> it?
>
> logwatch ----snip----
>  Large Mailbox threshold: 40MB (41943040 bytes)
>  Warning: Large mailbox: reptile (77950155)
>  Warning: Large mailbox: vermin (73338008)

Leif, if you do not have quotas on the filesystem or internal quotas
assigned by Postfix, these messages you can ignore. If you DO have
quotas, once the user reaches the maximum, all mail traffic will be
shut off for that user until the mailbox has been cleaned out.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility