[SATLUG] nifty little tool

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:06:37 CDT 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009 21:51:09 Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> thought some might be interested in this find.  Neat little to for
> hooking up HD without an external case.
> http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_MRP.cfm?ID=10320&Item=NWTU2NV2SPATA
>
> Todd

I use a very similar product for working on clients' hard drives. Very useful for deleting spyware, viruses, and other files and temp data which can be hard to remove from XP... especially the extra hidden files which don't show even when the options for showing hidden and system files are enabled.
These are also handy for fixing a stubborn XP boot drive which get rendered unbootable after an unclean dismount or system freeze... often these can be mounted with the 'force' parameter and then unmounted. Then the drive is often bootable to Windows again.