[SATLUG] how to turn off touchpad

Art Daddona art at but-is-it-art.org
Mon Mar 30 09:20:41 CDT 2009

The trackpad can be turned off in xorg.conf
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Synaptics Touchpad"
    Driver         "synaptics"
    Option         "SendCoreEvents" "false"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option         "MaxTapTime" "0"
EndSection

The SendCoreEvenets false will do this in X11.

To turn off the trackpad at the command line... Turn off gpm.

Hope this helps