[SATLUG] hostile referer

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Tue Mar 31 13:52:01 CDT 2009

I had that problem once, and forgot how I fixed it.  It is possible that
HTTP_REFERER is not being reset.  I would try resetting that environment
variable in the rewrite rule by using the following ReWriteRule:
ReWriteRule .* http://domain-b.uthscsa.edu
[E=HTTP_REFERER:domain-b.uthscsa.edu]

Or you could send them into a dir with RewriteEngine off set in the
.htaccess file.

Docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html#RewriteRule

Charlie