[SATLUG] Plasma executable for KDE 4.2 vs. Really Slick Screensavers

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:36:23 CDT 2009

A word of advice for KDE 4 users.
Do not compile and install the the screensaver rss_glx from source... if you do install rss_glx, do it from a package.
Unfortunately, rss_glx has a screensaver named plasma. So if you compile and install rss_glx from source, the rss screensavers executables get installed to /usr/bin instead of simply to /usr/lib/xscreensaver. The next time you login the plasma screensaver runs in its own little window, rather than the plasma-desktop running :)

Fortunately for me I wanted to update to KDE 4.2.70, which I am about to do. So all will get fixed (possibly). Since this is an svn release, I have my fingers crossed.