[SATLUG] openSuSE 11.1 & MSI Wind Netbook

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 21:58:37 CDT 2009

I bought one of those MSI Wind netbooks from Best Buy about a month ago.  I figured I'd leave it as-is with Windows but then realized I didnt use it as much.   So I did an NFS install of openSuSE 11.1 and it works great.  I havent tested out the special "function" keys just yet but so far all is well.

The netbook itself has a 10" display, 160gig sata hd, 1 gig ram (for now) and wifi.  It can be overclocked from the factory up to 24% I think (its in the BIOS..I forget what I have mine set to).   Pretty much out of the box everything worked except wifi.  There's a page on the web showing what tar.gz file to download/decompress/compile to get it working.

-Alex