[SATLUG] Help from Network Folks on the List

Mario Compean mariocompeanc at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 07:37:49 CDT 2009

I'm writing a proposal for a grant
application for a non-profit that calls for a computer lab with ten
workstations and two desktops for staff. The lab would be used by
students who want to learn English.

This calls for setting up the network,
including the server, installing English-learning software in lab
workstations, and installing MS Office on the two staff desktops. In
a addition to the applications the server will also handle a
database. Appropriate security features, monthly maintenance, and
remote access also need to be considered. I have no idea of the cost
involved for setting this up nor of an appropriate server. I will
appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.