[SATLUG] OT: HP Power supply

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Tue May 5 20:28:02 CDT 2009

 >Does anyone happen to have one of the smaller HP desktop power
>supplies laying around? I'm tinkering with one and I think I popped
>it...I get the green light on the back until I push power, then the
>case fan spins up for about 1 second and it does nothing.
You appear to have one of two problems.
1.  Power supply circuitry drawing too much current and shutting down. .
2.  Something wrong on your motherboard drawing too much current,
     causing the power supply to shut down.

You can temporarily use another ATX (I assume) power supply
mounted outside your case and connected to your motherboard.

If it blows then the mother board is the problem, if not then your
HP power supply is faulty.

hth   Lou