[SATLUG] New user asks modem & dial up questions.

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 6 08:03:33 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 5/5/09, cdv7 at sbcglobal.net <cdv7 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: cdv7 at sbcglobal.net <cdv7 at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [SATLUG] New user asks modem & dial up questions.
To: satlug at satlug.org
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 9:42 PM

Greetings,
I had hoped to purchase the TRENDnet TFM-560X a modem from newegg.com but it is
now listed as a Deactivated Item. (See
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825134002) I was told the
company is undecided if the deactivation will be permanent or temporary. Newegg
lists U.S. Robotics USR3453C as a similar product.
(See http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825104004).
Do you agree? If not, please indicate your choice.
Also. please recommend a quick, reliable and very low-cost Dial up ISP for
Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbon”. Sadly, I need to economize and am now in the
process of switching from DSL to Dial-up.

Please respond.
A new Linux user.

P.S.
Mr. Suberg, Mr. Pappas and Geoff,
Thank you for your suggestions.
It took a while, but switching from Suse to Ubuntu Linux solved most of my
problems- such as the ability to print.
SATLUG mailing list
SATLUG at satlug.org