[SATLUG] Wireless bridges

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:27:44 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only wireless connection is the /////// link.  I can't seem to find
> the right Netgear product and I'm not sure if the Netgear I have will
> connect properly to a Linksys component.
>
> Suggestions?

Bruce, it sounds like a wireless bridge device would suit this
situation. I have an older Linksys WET11 that I connect with my D-Link
wireless router. It works perfectly as long as you set it up properly.
New out of the box, you have to use their software to tell it
DHCP/Static and to enter your wireless key.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility