[SATLUG] dumb question

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:38:45 CDT 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 16:35:14 Herb Cee wrote:
> James Tiner wrote:
> > You can run with an empty color cartridge. you won't be able to print
> > color but should still work with just the black cartridge
> >
> > On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 16:06 -0500, Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know if I would have to have 2 good inkjet catridges in an HP
> >> Officejet to print in black or greyscale?  Or will it work with just a good
> >> black cartridge?
> >>
> >> Do I just keep the empty color catridge in the machine with the new FULL
> >> black cartrigge...or can I run them with strictly the new back cartridge
> >> without an empty or new color catridge?
> >>
> >> I mainly use black ink so don't really need color much ..
> >>
> >> Thank you very much!  cheryl
> >>

> I agree it should work Cheryl dunno fer sur on th HP but with Epson you
> can do that,  I would leave the empty in place.
> herb

Agreed, but be sure to go into the printer config and find the options where you set print resolution and color... such as "300dpi, black+color cartridge".... and set it to an option which has black cartridge only. That way, items which normally print in color will now print in greyscale instead of not at all.