[SATLUG] How to remove a swelled APC battery?

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Thu May 7 19:01:34 CDT 2009

I had some of that, so I opened the case (APC 2200/3000 RU).  I guess that I
was lucky enough to only have to unscrew the case pieces and I levered the
batteries out once I could get access above them.  I was able to loosen the
rails enough so that I could remove the cables, separate the battery packs,
and remove each SLA cell separately.