[SATLUG] Amahi Home Server

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:24:21 CDT 2009

All,
I have been running this for a while now and am quite impressed with the
functionality of this Repository on FC9. The Amahi community is getting the
word out about their efforts and has been featured in the Dutch Linux
Magazine. Please take a minute or two to poke around the site
http://www.amahi.org  or jump on the IRC chat irc.freenode.net in channel
#amahi and see whats going on. Below is the latest update from the
community!

Juicy Application News from Amahi!

The community is starting to buzz! We have reached a milestone of 25
applications available as one-click installs on Amahi, averaging more than
one a day since we released the platform recently!

There's a bit of everything, from the super-popular Gallery to phpMyAdmin,
Wordpress, Ushare for the Xbox/Playstation, media managers, etc ...

Visit the up-to-date list at the Amahi App Gallery at

    http://www.amahi.org/apps

There are dozens and dozens of applications in the pipeline. Great work from
Amahi community, with a special thanks to the members of the newly minted
Amahi tester program! Coming up there's everything from a DVR (MythTV) to a
complete groupware app and a home security system ... :)

If there’s an application you’d like to see on Amahi share it with the
community via the forums or the IRC channel and you will get help getting it
ready for one-click installation. The core team and the contributors are
available to help, and at the same time are working on making it easier to
find the type of applications you want!

Ah ... kudos to tad2much for submitting Amahi recently in Reddit!

Help promote Amahi by clicking the reddit up arrow (and add comments if you
like) at:

   http://tinyurl.com/amahi-reddit

Hope you like these apps we have and submit ideas, or better yet, package
your own (not hard at all - see our wiki)!

..cpg for the Amahi Team

--
Cheers!

Peter J. Cross