[SATLUG] complete system crash/failure HELP PLEASE!!!

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 13:36:26 CDT 2009

I hope someone will take me under wing!  Last night I had a complete
system failure/crash!  I have no way to email and can only use a phone
for help.  Right now I'm at Mom's but will be home in a few minutes to
an hour.

Iwrote down what I got when I tried to boot after the latest update..

I saw there was 12 updates so I started update manager but it didn't
install all the updates.  It asked me if I wanted to do the upgrade
and I thought it said update so I said yes...I didn't know what that
meant and was so tired I didn't realize it til later.  Required system
restart which I did but then no booting, just the message below...No
clude what happened.

>init:1:/bin/sleep:not found
listed 9 times
>segmentation fault
3 times
>check root=bootarg cat /proc/cmdline,or missing modules,devices:cat/proc/modules ls/dev
>segmentation fault
3 more times
>Alert!/dev/disk/by-uuid/5d4b2ed0a-f3a8-4fd9-b205-24908c3a0630 does not exist
>opping to ashell!
>Busy Box v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu 12) built in shell (ash)
>enter help for a list of built in commands
>(initramf s)

Does anyone know what this means and if it can be fixed?  If so, since
I have no PC at home would someone please call me and walk me through
a possible fix..please???

Thank you very much  cheryl  658-9290