[SATLUG] complete system crash/failure HELP PLEASE!!!

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun May 10 01:27:00 CDT 2009

Ok I think what happened is that She had accepted a regular update from
Ubuntu and since the Version 9.04 is now out they offer to upgrade you
automatically. She did not realise that this was different from normal
update and clicked yes so it attempted to update and the update failed.
I live up N of Houston so is a distence call and I don't know enough to
help her get tru it she lives alone and has only the one puter so she
needs someone to talk her tru reversing the upgrade and restoring her
system.

I would gladly do it if I knew how so I hoped someone local to her could
call her and get her sorted out. She cannot access the web if she cannot
boot the machine. If noone can help her I will try tomorrow I am way too
tired tonight.
Come on guys she needs help and lots of you could just pick up the phone
and talk to her.
herb