[SATLUG] SAMBA (resolved)

James Tiner jtiner at satx.rr.com
Sun May 17 19:37:13 CDT 2009

Just out of curiosity, could you try to add the following to
your /etc/hosts file?

192.168.1.11     cadillac

It's probably that you aren't able to resolve the name and it times out.
if you added DNS or enabled wins support for SAMBA, it would probably
work without doing this but adding that to your hosts file should allow
you to use names again.