[SATLUG] fstab help

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue May 19 17:49:11 CDT 2009

Its a little more involved then just adding those lines at the end of
your .bashrc file.

here is what I did to get my Garmin Rino 520 to work.  its an older
discontinued model so no guarantees it will work for you

1. make sure you have libusb-1.0-0, libusb-dev, gpsbabel, gpsd,
gpsd-clients, and gpsdrive.
2. unblacklist the garmin_usb driver in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
3. modprobe garmin_usb
4. sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb - this line was added to the
end of the .bashrc file
5. plug in the garmin gps reciever
6. run gpsd: sudo gpsd -F /var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB0 - this one as
well
7 should work use xgps to test for data

also bear in mind that I am running Ubuntu 9.04 so you may need to
change these up a bit to fit your distro.

good luck
Todd