[SATLUG] OT: Cheryl's System Crash

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed May 20 11:54:23 CDT 2009

Al Castanoli wrote:
> I think that depends on the implementation - the MacPup 412 version
> seems fairly tidy.  The netbook remix I mentioned in the post you quoted
> isn't running compiz-fusion, but rather has a very simple window
> manager.
>
> Al Castanoli

Al, FYI Cheryl has an AMD P4 desktop, I think a 1.2G and she has
recently upgraded memory to 1.5GB (3x512mb) She has a 19"LCD monitor.
She is used to operating the U-8.04 and was happy with it.  As I
understood she said 'yes' to the auto upgrade from 8.04 to 9.04 by
mistake thinking it was just an update, unfortunately the upgrade
failed. Alex says her HD is totally scrambled. I have an extra 60GB HD
that I am mailing to her but my first chance to get to town will be the
2nd of next mo. After Alex gets her back running she will have some backup.
herb