[SATLUG] Apache with 1 IP, two SSL sites, different ports

Gabriel Doss gabriel.doss at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:59:39 CDT 2009

I am trying to get apache-2.2 to serve three sites, one http and two https
with separate self-signed certs. I know apache requires different ports for
all three since two are SSL and cannot share a same IP/same port
configuration like http traffic can.

So, I've set apache to listen on ports 80, 443, and 4443, set up
NameVirtualHost to also listen on those three ports, and set up three
VirtualHost, each with their respective port specified, as well as
DocumentRoot and ServerName. The two SSL sites have the path to their
certificate and enable SSLEngine.

The site and port 80 and port 443 work just fine, but the site on port 4443
only works when I specify the port in the URL. If the port is not specified
in the URL the site displayed is the one on port 443. The following may help
if that is confusing.

On port 80:
http://nonsecure.domain.com -- all OK

On port 443: