[SATLUG] OT: Cheryl's System Crash

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu May 21 17:51:05 CDT 2009

I have with 8.04 desktop loaded and a cd to go with it so that at
least she can boot from diff HD if a crash happens and can then maybe
get fixed using Email. like now the window to Cheryl's world is
shuttered. I know living alone and remote how important that window is
so sad trip.
As I mentioned last week at the onset, she needs  to keep a "Live CD"
on hand, this way she can still get on-line...Also, a Live CD is handy for
trouble shooting and verifying HW/SW problems..

The second HD is a good idea, all my desktops are dual HD

Lou