[SATLUG] problems booting from a dvd

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:21:35 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM,  <riugakusei at aim.com> wrote:

> i am trying to install? use 11.1 on a hp pavilion dv6000 laptop.. my only problem is that the laptop wont boot up from? a dvd.... i already tried changing thee boot device order from the bio settings . from the . i thought myabe it was the suse 11.1 dvd so i tried with fedora... and this laptop just wont boot up from any dvd.... any suggestions are welcome.. its the first time i have problems booting up form a dvd.... i just want to get rid of vista....
> vega
> ps...thanks...

Advice from a lazy guy (aren't we all?):

1. Unless your BIOS specifically says so, you have to assume
that it will not boot from a DVD.

2. Quick solution is to get the Live CD version of Suse or Fedora
and then boot and install using the CD plus downloading from the

Good luck, Howard
Howard Haradon
San Antonio, TX  USA