[SATLUG] problems booting from a dvd

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:21:35 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM,  <riugakusei at aim.com> wrote:

> i am trying to install? use 11.1 on a hp pavilion dv6000 laptop.. my only problem is that the laptop wont boot up from? a dvd.... i already tried changing thee boot device order from the bio settings . from the . i thought myabe it was the suse 11.1 dvd so i tried with fedora... and this laptop just wont boot up from any dvd.... any suggestions are welcome.. its the first time i have problems booting up form a dvd.... i just want to get rid of vista....
> vega
> ps...thanks...

Advice from a lazy guy (aren't we all?):

1. Unless your BIOS specifically says so, you have to assume
that it will not boot from a DVD.

2. Quick solution is to get the Live CD version of Suse or Fedora
and then boot and install using the CD plus downloading from the
net.

Good luck, Howard
--
Howard Haradon