[SATLUG] slideshow program

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon May 25 13:05:04 CDT 2009

> I would also suggest looking into impress.  While it is not necessarily
> open-source (probably open-access better describes the OO suite) it will
> get the job done quite well and IMO the most feature complete portions
> of the OO suite.
>
> Todd

No, I am not thinking of a powerpoint presentation replacement, yes, Impress is
good and I use it exclusively for what it is designed - the html export is way too
inflexible - for example, it does not permit linking thumbs to hi-rez images, and
doesn't allow me to set arbitrary resolutions for thumbs. I was looking for a
program that specifically generates web pages for a collection of slides and images.

What I am using now is called "xnview". It comes pretty close, but isn't OSS and
lacks some features I need.

Thanks, -Borries