[SATLUG] problems booting from a dvd

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:37:08 CDT 2009

On Monday 25 May 2009 07:30:03 riugakusei at aim.com wrote:

> i am trying to install? use 11.1 on a hp pavilion dv6000 laptop.. my only problem is that the laptop wont boot up from? a dvd.... i already tried changing thee boot device order from the bio settings . from the . i thought myabe it was the suse 11.1 dvd so i tried with fedora... and this laptop just wont boot up from any dvd.... any suggestions are welcome.. its the first time i have problems booting up form a dvd.... i just want to get rid of vista....
>

> vega
>
> ps...thanks...
>

> Wanna slim down for summer?  Go to America Takes it Off to learn how.

That is strange because I have a dv9000 and it boots from DVDs just fine. IIRC the dv6000 is basically the same but with a smaller screen size. Perhaps the DVD drive itself has a problem.
I am not sure if the HP machines can do this, but on Dell machines you can press F12 to force the boot device. Maybe try that.

John C