[SATLUG] slideshow program

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon May 25 14:38:40 CDT 2009

> This is not a "specific" answer to your question.
> Since I was interested in doing something like this myself, I did a
> little Googling.
> Three resources of interest:
> "Comparison of image viewers"
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_image_viewers>
> "xnview and some of the OSS packages (F-spot, Gqview, Gthumb,
> Kphotoalbum) are compared"
>
> "List of open source software packages"
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Image_viewers>
> Image viewers
> * Eye of GNOME
> * F-spot
> * Gqview
> * Gthumb
> * imgSeek
> * Kphotoalbum
> VLC Media Player
>
> "Image viewer"
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_viewer>
> UNIX-like
> * XnView, xv, Kuickshow, GThumb (Linux)
>
> HTH - it gave me some specific tools to look at and compare

Have you looked at any of them already and could you give me a general impression?
The XnView program is pretty nice for generating web pages from images, but I would
like to have more customization options. Also, the navigation isn't as complete as I
would like it to be (no jumping possible).

Thanks, -b.