[SATLUG] Active Directory/Domain question.

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:08:05 CDT 2009

Hi All!!  :)

I'm in need of a suggestion or two...  Using a package called
"likewise-open," I've gotten an Ubuntu workstation to join a Windows
2003-based domain via Active Directory.  Since the hook-up, I've had
several folk test it by logging-into their own Active Directory
accounts on the Ubuntu machine -- all successfully.

My problem is functionality once connected to the domain.  I can still
log into the local machine, and I have a default setup in its local
//home/ folder (common wallpaper, all the apps common users on this
domain need to access) that I'd like to have become the default folder
for anyone logging onto the domain through this Ubuntu box.  I've done
it in Windows, but am unsure how to do it in Debian/Ubuntu.  Is there a
"default user" or "all users" capability in Debian/Ubuntu?  If so, any
suggestions on how to set it up?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

Cheers;
Ed
(Please note:  BCCs are info only.)