[SATLUG] OT: Cheryl's System Crash

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 27 23:48:30 CDT 2009

Even though an inadvertant "upgrade" to Ubuntu 9.04 seems to have been the cause of this mishap, I've had very good luck installing it on nearly a dozen PCs for refugee families.  The only complaints I've had were that it wouldn't play every kind of medium the teens and young people put in and most of that was solved by installing the plugins readily available via the Internet.  The 9.04 version also has a set of icons available that are high contrast and large print that might be ideal for you, Cheryl.  If 8.04 (which I've used on several machines also) just won't work, you might want to try 9.04 on a clean boot from CD.  I have copies that have successfully installed the OS if it will help.  I'd be glad to make one available.
Art Hall