[SATLUG] system crash update

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 02:15:12 CDT 2009

*Hi everyone, I'm looking forward to going through the digests and reading
what I've been missing the last few weeks while I have been offline.

I haven't a clue what's going on with this machine...mem socket bad or
graphics card?  The browser crahed again a few minutes ago but got it up and
running again. I did have to remove the 3rd brand new stick of 512 sdram mem
sytick after installing it because it kept crashing firefox as soon as I
opened it and crashed synaptic.  Firefox wouldn't stay open with that mem
stick in there...system didn't work with the 256 in that slot either.  and
it has crashed once now without the mem stick in...go figure...still trying
to work through this and get it set up to see how it will do.

I'm afraid this sytem may be on it's way out...here's what I wrote to Alex
last...thank you! cheryl

Hi Alex, Firefox crashed again just now...got it regoing again...maybe the
video card is bad and not the socket?  lc*