[SATLUG] Ubuntu 'Karmic Koala' 9.10 impressions?

Daniel Goller morfic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:26:25 CST 2009

I am not thrilled of them dumping libstdc++.so.5 from ia32-libs, this way i
get to downgrade to the previous version.
I had done so during testing, but not ensured it won't be nuked again, so
sure enough when the final packages came, libstc++.so.5 was nuked again, at
least this time i had the .deb ready and 2 minutes later (two minutes after
first attempt of starting Bibble) was able to start BibblePro.

Not sure what crack they are on to nuke such a vital library.

Don't care for long term support versions, waiting 6 months for upgrades and
keeping things current in between via PPAs is about as much as i can stand.