[SATLUG] Introduction

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 22:51:58 CST 2009

Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the members of SATLUG.

My name is Chris and I'm new to Linux (like one week new... :-D )

Anyway I go to UTSA (Communication Major) and work in a computer store.

I'm running Mandriva 2010 on a Dell D430. I know nothing about linux commands and hope I can learn that among other things.

I bought a few books: Linux Complete (2002), Hacking Knoppix, Fedora 10 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu for Dummies, Linux Troubleshooting Bible (2004), Beginning Ubuntu Linux, Linux for Dummies (8th Ed), Linux Bible (2008)

I bought so many books/ different OS because I was unsure what OS I actually wanted to install. I chose Mandriva because it installed on my system with little to no headaches and included a lot of free software that I was used to using (Open Office and Gimp)

v/r

Chris