[SATLUG] Introduction

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 5 23:18:22 CST 2009

Chris,

Welcome to the San Antonio Linux community.  You'll find the folks on this list are very understanding and very helpful.  They have been generous with their time, talent, and equipment as I have worked to get computers and software for refugee families.

Since many of my "clients" learned on Windows, I looked long and hard for a Linux version that was as close as possible to that OS and finally settled on Ubuntu.  You may want to give it a try in your transition to Linux.  It has virtually all the bells and whistles you could want as a beginner and you can download even more when you're ready.

Glad to have you aboard.

Art