[SATLUG] SATLUG Outage

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 23:37:41 CST 2009

Daniel J. Givens wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> For whatever reason, your firewall rules had sections of Rackspace
> blocked. I haven't received any mail from the list in months since
> moving my mail to an IP in the DFW data center. Please audit the blocked
> networks you had listed before putting them back up.

I haven't put them back yet, but send me directly the IP addresses you
want to ensure don't get blocked and I'll make that happen.

The problem is that I really don't like many thousands of attempts to
guess a password via ssh and many thousands more trying to use the mail
server as an open relay, which it isn't.  Most of the attempts are from
Asia or Europe.

   -- Bruce