[SATLUG] Introduction

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:36:44 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Christopher Connell
<connell.christopher at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm still up for changing my distro if something fits what I need better. I tried Ubuntu and couldn't get my Dell wifi 1390 WLAN to recognize. Otherwise I liked Ubuntu.
>  <SNIP>

Welcome to you, Chris.  Your technique has always
been my Linux distro selection method.  If the OS can set
up my video and network properly, then it's a keeper.  I have
found that none can get the sound all right, but after some
playing around, it will usually reach the adequate stage.

There will be a training class for newbies as a part of the
Open Source Fest in the late fall or early winter.  Steve
Kolars at SAC will be announcing the dates for this.

Good luck,  Howard
--
Howard Haradon
San Antonio, TX  USA