[SATLUG] Upcoming Meetings?

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Nov 12 23:31:40 CST 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009 06:27:06 pm Don Wright wrote:
[...]
> The following Monday evening, Nov. 16, has the XCSSA meeting, again at
> SAC. That's a sister organization with a lot of overlap of members and
> interests. They hide out at www.xcssa.org.

On that note.. the Monday night XCSSA meeting is sounding pretty cool..
(7pm at the NTC)  I'll be sending out the meeting announcement the weekend.

One of our members (Fredrik the uber robot/microcontroller geek) is bringing a
couple of MAN SIZED (and bigger) robots that were built by some of the HS
kids in the S.T.E.M. related Texas Robotics programs recently... These
suckers are semi-autonomous.. and are going to either be demo'd in either the
SAC parking lot or down stairs if we can get them up the ramp and into the
elevator. :)

Anyway.. fun stuff.. here's one of Fredrik's smaller.. less-smart robots..
the "Cooler Bot" from a few meetings back:

http://xcssa.org/photos/XCSSA_2007-2009-MISC/video/dscf1048.flv.html

Other fun stuff:
	http://xcssa.org/photos/XCSSA_2007-2009-MISC/
	http://xcssa.org/photos/2008_XCSSA/

Anyway.. Monday night should be another memorable meeting (as long as the
bot's don't become sentient.. ;)

Tweeks