[SATLUG] Why I choose Mandriva?

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Thu Nov 12 23:48:58 CST 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Christopher Connell <
connell.christopher at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually I tested out various Live CD's before choosing Mandriva 2010.
> Ubuntu (9.10), Madriva 2009, Fedora (V. 11 KDE & GNOME), Vector Linux (6),
> Knoppix (6.0.1), Mepis (8.0.10), Suse (11.1), Kubuntu (9.04), PC Linux 2009,
> & gNewsense.
>
> I really like Mandriva so far. It installed my wifi automatically and has
> lots of great programs.

Thus is the joy of Linux. It's like stepping into Baskin Robbins. There are
many flavors and they are all different in some way shape or form and we all
have our preferences. Some distros hold your hand more than others and some
toss you in without a lifevest. Some let you pick your weapons and others
give you little choice.

Enjoy this learning experience and remember to never close your mind to
anything. Everything in Linux has merit for someone somewhere. It just may
not be you or the person you're talking to.

Thanks
john