[SATLUG] KDE4.3.3/Mandriva changed

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Nov 15 19:05:43 CST 2009

Geoff wrote:
> Herb Cee wrote:
>
>> I can't contribute but just say thanks cause does help me in learning
>> the huge menu of Linux. As a 2yr noob I am gonna stick with Ubuntu
>> because it just works and in these past two yrs all the updates have
>> been made with my permission all automatically and only couple minor
>> glitches that got fixed tru the forum So I think learning Linux is so
>> much easier under that level of support. However that said I will be
>> so glad when some memory finally arrives so I can have my test box
>> running again to try out various versions and flavors of Linux.
>>

> whatcha need, Herb?  I've got a stick of 512mb PC2-4200U-444-12 if
> you're interested.

Thanks Geoff, I have 2 sticks of 2gb that I got notice was shipped on
past thurs they are the DDR-2 667 low density modules that is correct
for the ECS board. My big prob Geoff is living out in the boonies and
not being able to drive makes any supplies difficult. Thanks anyway but
this order was originally placed a month ago but was the high density
modules that run in the Cisco and Sun units I think, I screwed up and
ordered the wrong number so had to return it and get it swapped.

I was treated fairly and timely but the delivery of mail is only once or
twice a month so really slows things down. I am excited cause this will
be the fastest puter I have ever owned with the 3GB dual core socket 775
CPU and 4GB of 667 dual banks and pair of 200GB SATA drives, Nivida
graphics chip set on board also the fast NIC . I should be content for
awhile now.
hh