[SATLUG] Help with ssh

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Fri Nov 27 10:50:08 CST 2009

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving
>
> Latter on this evening I am going to help my father set up ubuntu on his
> machine.  He already has it installed with openssh.  I am going to be
> giving him a couple of lessons via skype and ssh.  my problem is that I
> need him to see what I am typing into ssh.  How would one set up ssh to
> output my input to his terminal so that he can see everything I am dong
> to his machine via ssh?
>
> thanks
> Todd

Yes you would use "screen"
Some info:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-screen-command-howto.html
http://tipotheday.com/2008/01/23/screen-sharing-cli-style/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaZo1nUfPeE
http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/56443

To make it easier you will both need to be on a terminal as the same
user.  To make screen look better, here attached is my .screenrc file.
Just copy to your home directory