[SATLUG] Help with ssh

rsuberg at satx.rr.com rsuberg at satx.rr.com
Fri Nov 27 14:20:05 CST 2009

As I understand this, these protocols are using the server resources.  Your machine (client) merely becomes a dumb terminal able to understand things like what letter to show (ssh) and how to draw on the screen (vnc) but has no idea what it means or why to display that info.

Unless you are doing x11 forwarding thru ssh, then the client does have a little more intelligence on how to write on the screen, but still is told by the server what to display.

Richard S