[SATLUG] Virtualization Platform (Proxmox)

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sun Oct 4 10:51:16 CDT 2009

ok I know I told everyone in a previous post that I wasn't gonna
implement my VM box till December but I had had a wild hair crawl...well
lets just say Proxmox rules! This is so much easier then trying to
implement KVM on top of Ubuntu Server.

Inside of two hours I had a bare-metal install with a virtual samba
server with webmin, a Wordpress server, a Mediawiki server, a Joomla
server, and a Drupal server.

Admin is done from my laptop via firefox and VNC.  Minus's so far is
that there is no PCI passthrough so virtualizing my mythbox is out of
the question till I get a HDHomeRun.

Currently I am trying to figure out how to configure my router incoming
network traffic is routed to the appropriate virtual server.

IMO Proxmox is the F/OSS equivalent of VMware.

Thanks Jaret for the recommendation.

Todd