[SATLUG] Virtualization Platform (Proxmox)

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Oct 6 14:40:26 CDT 2009

> Hey Jaret & Todd, you guys you got me turned on to Proxmox, even tho
> learning and installing VM was down on the list but I thought man if I
> can get this going I can make the rest of what I want to do easier and
> faster. Creating the justification went well...  However.....
>
> I have Proxmox installed to the point where i can sign in as root to
> point my browser to my IP address ..... I haven't a clue how to do
> this??  What browser?
>
> 1. Do I apt get one of Linux browsers?
>
> 2. Which one would you recommend?
>
> 3. Would you please pass me the code to enter as 'root' on Proxmox
> install CLI  to get that configuration page shown in the install video
> 'https://192.168.254.2/' is what gets echoed to the screen.
>
> 4.  I also did not know what to use for the domain so I named it
> Velf-herb.windstream.net  (windstream is my DSL IP) Was this correct?
>
> I can launch my browser in Ubuntu-8.04 by opening a terminal and
> typing 'firefox' but entering firefox in the Proxmox CLI says no such
> command. being logged in as root I am nervous standing there giving
> commands.
>
> Anyway I sure would appreciate it if you would guide me tru getting
> this install running.
> thanks herb

Herb,

you will have to use a secnd computer that is hooked to your network.
open firefox and enter the ip address in the address bar
(https://192.168.254.2/).  login as root and enter the password you set
during the install.  If you are familiar with Webadmin you should be
able to get the feel of the Proxmox setup.  Also do your self a favor
and bone up on your VLAN knowledge.  Understanding bridging and bonding
will be very helpfull.

Todd